Is there any better game day snack than Spinach and Artichoke dip? Yes. Jalapeno Spinach and Artichoke dip. I’ve been making my own recipe for years, but always tweaking it as I go and adding jalapeño seemed like a no brainer. Tonight is one of the first cool Bay Area nights, the kind where it feels like it could thunderstorm at any moment (rain would be totally welcome to calm down these horrendous Nor Cal fires). Tonight called for a lemongrass chicken pho from The Defined Dish and a little dip starter to warm us up. Lately I’m not used to making such heavy dishes since switching to a healthier, primarily Paleo or Whole30 diet, but some comfort foods will never lose their place with me. #youcantakethegirloutofindianabut….
This is such a quick and easy app for any evening or game day potluck. It’s a fav among my friends and you can use it as a base to add whatever you want to make it more substantial. Chicken, ground beef, sausage, crab…. whatever you’re feeling!
- 1 1/2 cups (packed tight) chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 6 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream (Greek yogurt totally works too)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack cheese, plus a little extra for topping
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus a little extra for topping
- 1 chopped jalapeño
- 1 TBSP crushed red pepper flakes (I like it spicy, feel free to omit)
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1/2 TBSP salt (taste before baking and add more as desired)
- 1/4 TBSP black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix all ingredients except extra cheese and cayenne pepper until well combined, taste to adjust for salt and crushed red pepper and place in glass or ceramic baking dish (I usually use around an 8×8)
- Top with a sprinkling of pepper jack, Parmesan, and a pinch of salt and cayenne for color and added kick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbly. If it seems bubbly, but not browned, broil on high for a minute or so- just keep a close eye so it doesn’t burn.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.